The Benefits Onsite, Onshore, and Offshore Models
Onsite Model: All design/development activities are performed by our consultants at the client’s site.
Onshore Model: All activities are performed by one of our staff at an offsite location.
Offshore Model: All activities are performed by Softura’s staff in an offsite, which is located in a Chennai, India. Our team will work with the client to understand the business requirements, define the scope, and control quality throughout the project lifecycle.
Hybrid Model (Onsite Offsite Offshore): Our onsite and offsite staff will work with the client to understand the business requirements, define the scope, and control quality throughout the project lifecycle.
This model is well-suited where the development team is required to be close to the client’s stakeholders, the project scope is not clearly defined, or a project is open-ended and iterative in nature. Throughout the assignment our consultants report to an onsite manager and also report back to our offices on a regular basis. Among the services provided by an onsite consultant are: project requirements capture and technology assessment, creating functional specifications, design, coding, testing, maintenance and support.
Benefits of Onsite Model
- Requirements not being defined at length
- Ability to dynamically and continuously change deliverables or requirements
- Tough and rigid deadlines
- Constant availability of support
- Direct interaction with client stakeholders
- Scalable staff augmentation
- Moving across time lines
- Mission-critical Projects
- Open-ended and iterative nature of project scope
- Well-suited for projects that are highly secured and confidential
The Onshore Model is based at Softura’s location. You maintain ownership and control of your project without needing to commit your own capital or project resources. Softura keeps you abreast of project advancement through regular progress updates. This is especially beneficial when the client’s requirements are not well defined and are expected to change during the course of the project. The Onshore staff will be able to understand and accommodate those changes in a faster and better way into the project
Benefits of the Onshore Model
- Significant cost savings.
- Faster Response time – 24/7 turn around of development efforts, if required.
- Better resource allocation and easy availability of resources with various skills and specialization in latest programming technologies.
- Process-Oriented development: Clients can focus on their core business objectives while we take care of the processes involved in design, development and quality control.
With the Offshore Model, you receive the same high quality service while accelerating production through time zone advantages and leveraging exchange and labor rates for superior cost-effectiveness. The Offshore Model safeguards the client’s intellectual property, proprietary software and new development specifications with very high levels of security. Clients retain full ownership of all intellectual property rights and software source code at the completion of a project.
Benefits of Offshore Model
- Readily available, experienced resources
- A skilled sub-team to complement your own onshore/onsite teams
- Potential for near round-the-clock capability to reduce cycle times
- Capable of handling long duration and large projects
- 24/7 turn around of development efforts
- Time-to-market with right cost
- Project maintenance
- Established business processes
Softura’s Hybrid Model combines onsite, offsite and offshore delivery models for better-quality results and maximizes efficiency in terms of both resources and costs. Typically, the planning stages of a project are executed onsite at the client’s office, subsequent development and support phases are carried out offsite/offshore at Softura’s location. Any urgent requirements will be catered to, using one of our global offices on an offsite basis.
The challenges associated with the Hybrid Model such as administration costs and cross-cultural communications are overcome through well-documented and tested processes. Our experience enables us to deliver quality solutions in guaranteed time.