A research team with limited resources received funding to run a couple-based behavior study but faced several challenges. The study involved a nationwide pool of potential participants, which meant that communication and clinician consultations would be a challenge to overcome.
Study protocols mandated that couples enrolled in the study have coordinated clinician consultations, where all other activities could take place independent of one another for the duration of the study. Thus, presenting a unique management challenge.
Our team provided the PI and the study team with:
- An automated recruiting tool that determined eligibility, automatically registering eligible participants.
- Couples were created based on their registration, then consultations were linked for coordination.
- A mobile iOS and Android app for participants to take surveys and communicate with research members.
- Coordinated telemedicine sessions with a clinician host through a HIPAA compliant video conference.
- Notification and reminders to alert the research team and participants of upcoming due dates and scheduled sessions.
- Real-time metrics on a dashboard for the study team to track participation, manage the risk of incomplete activities and view communications.