Life Insurance Company
Improving BI Data Quality & Security
A nationwide life insurance company came to us because they were not satisfied with the analytics they were getting from Cognos and were looking for guidance as to which BI tool would best fit their unique requirements and security needs. Their existing process involved loading their data directly into IBM Netezza.
After reviewing their unique needs Softura designed, installed, and set up the client’s BI environment using Microsoft’s Power BI visualization tool and SQL Server. In addition to the install we provided comprehensive hands-on training and consulting including documented step-by-step instructions on:
- Best practices for setting up Power BI security
- Pros, cons, & roadmap for using the data gateway
- Importing multiple data sources vs. direct data query to Power BI
- Power BI service automation & scheduling capabilities
- Developing role specific dashboards
- Standardizing reports with themes & templates
RESULTS AND BENEFITS
Softura has experts in the Business Intelligence field that are able to handle end-to-end BI solutions from data warehouse design and development, ETL (Extract, Transform, & Load), modeling, and data visualization. Our team delivered demos to the client a week after we completed the initial engagement and our blended delivery model saved them significant amounts of time and money on their project.