Our client is a top-ranked private research university in the US and a member of the Association of American Universities (AAU). Receives nearly $700 million annually as research funding.
- Their research center oversees the execution of clinical studies - typically to determine the effectiveness of new drugs.
- Build an application generic enough to be useful for variety of clinical research studies.
- Develop iOS, Android Apps and a cloud-hosted administration site.
- Mobile app was developed in Native iOS (XCODE) and Native Android (Java).
- Admin Site and API developed in C#/.NET and hosted in Azure Cloud.
- Additional technologies leveraged: SurveyGizmo/Alchemer, Twilio, SendGrid
- Mobile App Client and Rest API architecture.
- A combination of Waterfall and Softura Agile Framework was used for this project that was completed on time ahead of the 1st and subsequent clinical studies:
- (i) Requirements Phase
- (ii) Two-Week Sprints for UI Design, Development and Quality Assurance Certifications.
- (iii) Production Support
- Mobile app makes it easy for the participants to stay engaged, thus improving retention.
- Cloud-based Administration Site makes it possible for administrators from all over the United States to manage their studies.
- Business intelligence makes it easy for the administrators to understand immediately, the status of the study and any participants that require attention.
- Reminders and notifications help keep the participants on track regarding the study protocol.
- Protocol builder makes it possible for new studies to create their own study protocol.
- Email, text messages, push notifications, and in-app HI PA-compliant messaging helps administrators to stay in touch with the study participants.