National Lawn Care Company
Connected Vehicle Solution for Lawn Care Fleet
Typically Lawn care companies have a heterogeneous fleet of vehicles. Getting visibility to the vehicle health in real-time and providing the needed actionable alerts to the fleet owners on the maintenance reduces the total cost to ownership. The lawn care vocation demands better driver behavior and route compliance to optimize the operating costs – such as reducing the engine idle time, visibility to harsh driving etc.
The client approached Softura to develop an end-end telematics solution to collect real-time telemetry data from a fleet of vehicles to provide value added services including navigation, remote health monitoring and driver behavior insights. Further, the customer wanted to reduce the operational cost to bundle the services customized for the varying needs of different fleets.
Softura built an end-end telematics solution using OBD-2 device (Xirgo Tech), Carrier Integration (Verizon) and telematics backend to provide:
- Remote Health Monitoring of the connected fleet
- Real-Time Alerts & Notifications (Maintenance Alerts)
- Driver Behavior Monitoring (Hard Braking, Acceleration, Speed Alerts)
- Asset Tracking & Geo-fence
- Navigation Assistance & Route Compliance
- Programmable Firmware (over-the-air updates)