GLOBAL AUTOMOBILE MANUFACTURER
A New SharePoint / Nintex Workflow Implemented Lowered Cost Of IT Ticket Management
• Utilizing costly and inefficient external IT support ticketing system
• Increasing volume of IT support cases costing the organization more money
• Inability to track and monitor IT support system
- Implementation of SharePoint/Nintex Workflow for IT ticket support
- IT ticketing system transitioned to an in-house opperation
- Included additional beneficial functionality
RESULTS AND BENEFITS
A global automobile manufacturer was running their IT support ticketing system externally. This system was crucial to tracking employee IT issues, such as lack of computer functionality, company phone issues, etc. The external vendor began to charge the company more as the volume of IT support cases increased. It was an expensive system which required third-party management, and they wanted to bring this system in-house.
What the client really needed was Enterprise Content Management (EMC). These types of systems allow business to track and monitor business processes, allowing support of these processes from start to finish. Once their external ticketing system became too inefficiency to manage, they needed a piece of software which guaranteed stability, leading to the digitization of their IT ticketing program. Softura was able to create an in-house system for them using technology they already had! With SharePoint and Nintex, Softura created an in-house workflow to create, monitor, and address support IT tickets within the organization, and without the necessity of a third-party vendor.
This in-house workflow allowed for company-wide IT support, and condensed the manual process of IT ticketing into a trackable and sustainable automated workflow, which allowed for complete transparency when managing IT tickets.